Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

Rob Fenwick Explains Why He Joined Simon's Team

Rob Fenwick has gone into great detail talking about why he is supporting Simon Hughes for leader of the Liberal Democrats. In fact he was so impressed he joined the campaign team.

Perhaps the greatest praise you can lay on any person is that they are a decent person. Simon is a decent man. In equal measure he has the ability to lead, the ability to inspire, the ability to relate to people, and the ability to peform in Parliament. He’s by far and away the best ‘all-rounder’ standing for the leadership.

Could I serve the party under the interim leadership of Ming Campbell? Sure. I’d probably pull out of Westminster and focus on my local party. I wouldn’t feel in the least inspired to do any e-campaigning stuff for the party, but sure. I’d stay as a member and do what I could on the ground.

Could I serve the party under Chris Huhne? Probably. It’s hard to say when you don’t really know who he is or what he stands for.

Will I serve the party under Simon Hughes? Yes. And I’ll be proud to. Proud to be a member of a party lead by man of integrity. Proud to serve a man who has been through a personal trauma and emerged from it a stronger, even more capable, ever fitter leader.


Read More

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?